Bruce Latta was installed as the 18th headmaster of All Saints Episcopal School in a formal ceremony filled with music and presentations on September 5 in the school’s Patriot Gym.
The installation service was led by The Rt. Rev. Scott Mayer, Bishop, Episcopal Diocese of NW Texas and assisted by The Rev. Paige McKay, Chaplain of All Saints Episcopal School. Students served as readers and acolytes.
A string sextet performed “Simple Gifts” following the formal installation, followed by a presentation of gifts by grade level to Latta.
- From the Board of Trustees: A symbolic key to open the doors of All Saints to all new ideas and bright future presented by Board Chairwoman Paula Key.
- From the Parent Group: A framed copy of the “The All Saints Way” presented by President Christina Barrett and Vice President Kathleen Burrell.
- From the Patriot Learning Center: A hammer and nails to help us as build not only the campus but also build leaders for the future presented by Division Head Vicki Denny and PLC representatives Gabriel Hughes and Ellis Key.
- From the Lower School: A football and Frisbee to play with us as we grow together in the years to come presented by Division Head Lindy Long and Lower School representatives Sophie Scolaro and Deklan White.
- From the Middle School: A globe to be among us as we study the world, celebrate the diversity of the people of the continents and prepare us for life in the 21st Century presented by Division Head Sally Larkins and Middle School representatives Kevin Beasley and Ashby Whitaker.
- From the High School: A Patriot bag filled with all things All Saints, including a canvas of the school’s alma mater, to help encourage us as we take its message into the world presented by Austin Hickle (Student Council president) and Lily McKay (National Honor Society president).
- From the Chaplain and Chapel team: A Book of Common Prayer and Hymnal to worship with us presented by Chaplain Paige McKay and the Chapel team.
The service was immediately followed by a reception in the Garrison Corridor.
Latta replaces Dr. Mike Bennett, who retired in June after 12 years at the helm at All Saints.