August 11, 2021
Table of Contents
– Robert Brashear Accepts Head of School
– Road Map to the First Day of School
– Calendar of Events
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
– COVID-19 Mitigation for 2021-22
ALL SCHOOL NEWS
– Required Enrollment Forms
– Volunteer Background Check and Driver Information
– Carpool Map
– Lunchroom News
– Parent Group
– Athletic Booster Club
– Athletic Season Pass
– Fall Sports Schedules
Brashear Accepts Head of School
It is with great pleasure that the All Saints Board of Trustees announces that Robert Brashear has accepted the offer to serve as the next Head of School. Robert is exceptionally well suited, based on his twelve prior years in a leadership position at the school. School Board Chairman Zane Mead said “Robert has a desire to uphold the values and traditions of All Saints and our community. His comprehensive background in education, his natural leadership abilities, along with his passion for developing the utmost potential from our students will continue to drive All Saints School forward.”
Brashear has served as the school’s Athletic Director and varsity boys basketball coach for the past twelve years. During this time, he served on the Administrative Team, the COVID Task Force, and served as a mentor in the high school chapel program. He has worked with many educational and athletic organizations including the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS).
He has a wide range of professional experience including management and corporate sales in the transportation industry for ten years and nine years serving as an assistant men’s basketball coach at Texas Tech University. He founded Brashear Basketball, a program offering classes, camps, and private instruction to youth of all ages. For several years he has taught youth Sunday school classes at First United Methodist Church of Lubbock.
“There is no one in the world I would rather have serving as Head of School at All Saints than Robert Brashear’, said parent and Board Trustee Krista Bumstead. “Through a humble leadership style, Robert has demonstrated his passion for educating student leaders and effectively carrying out the All Saints mission of providing excellence in academics, fine arts, athletics, and spiritual awareness. We already know Robert Brashear as a vital part of our community. All Saints couldn’t be in better hands.”
As Robert assumes this new leadership role, he is committed to continuing the excellence in academics that All Saints has been known for sixty five years, while focusing on development of the whole child. “Parents should feel confident that All Saints students are being challenged on a daily basis to become the best version of themselves that they can be. If we are able to confidently be our best in life, the world will benefit”, said Brashear.
Roadmap to Back to School
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m: Teacher In-Service
- TBD: 🏐HS Volleyball Spikedown Tournament, Game On Sports Complex, 2600 Alemeda St, Fort Worth
- 6:30-8:30 p.m: 💦Family Pool Party @ Lubbock Water Rampage, 6602 Marsha Sharp Fwy
- 5:00 p.m: 🏈HS Football Scrimmage, St. Petersburg High School, Petersburg
- TBD: 🎾HS Team Tennis @ Brownfield High School
- 8 a.m. – 4 p.m: Patriot Learning Center through Eighth Grade Parent / Teacher Conferences, Daycare Available
- Last Day to Order School lunches for August 19-20. Order @ https://www.ezschoolapps.com/ParentLogin.aspx
- 5 – 8 p.m: 🏐High School Volleyball vs. Trinity @ Patriot Gym: JV 5 p.m. / JV 6 p.m / Varsity 7 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m. – Noon: Senior Meeting with Dr. George Comiskey, Kirby Commons
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m: High School Theatre Trip to Sweetwater
- Noon: 🎾High School Team Tennis vs. Borger @ Burgess-Rushing Tennis Center, 3030 66th Street, Lubbock
- 5:30 – 6 p.m: Back to School Night begins with New Parent Orientation
- *Locations of New Parent Orientation: Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten: Patriot Learning Center; Kindergarten – Fourth Grade: Patriot Gym; Middle School: Jones Gym
- 6 – 6:30 p.m: HS Students Pick-Up Schedules with Ms. Edmonson or Mrs. Belk (no parent meeting for HS)
- 6:00 – 6:45 p.m: Division Level Parent Meetings
- *Locations of Division Level Parent Meetings: Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten: Patriot Learning Center; Kindergarten – Fourth Grade: Patriot Gym; Middle School: Jones Gym
- 6:45 – 7:30 p.m: Meet Teachers in Classrooms
- Blue Day
- 8:00 a.m: School Begins for High School, Kirby Commons, Breakfast and lunch provided
- 5 p.m: Board of Trustees Meeting, Kirby Commons
- Red Day
- 7:45 a.m: School Begins for PLC – Eighth Grade
- TBA: Beginning of School Eucharist by Division Level (PLC, LS, MS and HS)
- 5 – 7 p.m: 🏐Middle School Volleyball vs. Kingdom Prep Academy @ Jones Gym: 7th Grade 5 p.m. / 8th Grade 6 p.m.
- Blue Day
- 7:45 a.m: First All School Spirit Shirt Day, New this year… students will wear spirit shirts on Fridays instead of Wednesdays
- 8 – 8:30 a.m: Chapel for Students and Staff by Division Level
- All Day: 🏐High School Volleyball River Road Tournament @ River Road High School, 101 West Mobley Street, Amarillo
- 3 p.m – 4:30 p.m: August Dining Out: Frios will be on campus to celebrate back to school! Watch for more details at Back to School night. 20% of sales will benefit the All Saints Parent Group
- 5 p.m: 🏈High School Football Scrimmage vs. Whitharral, Patriot Field
- All Day: 🏐High School Volleyball River Road Tournament @ River Road High School, 101 West Mobley Street, Amarillo
- All Day: 🏃🏻♂️High School Cross Country @ Tall City Invitational , 101 West Mobley Street, Amarillo
- Noon.: 🎾High School Team Tennis vs. Shallower and Monahans @ Burgess-Rushing Tennis Center, 3030 66th Street, Lubbock
- September 6: No School – Labor Day Holiday: No Daycare
- September 7: Kindergarten Parent Meeting
- September 8: Parent Group Meeting; High School Parent Night; First Grade Parent Meeting
- September 9: Second Grade Parent Meeting
- September 13: Senior Parent Meeting; Third Grade Parent Meeting; High School Fall Sports Team & Individual Photos
- September 14: Holy Cross Eucharist – Dress Uniform; Yearbook Picture Day; Fourth Grade Parent Meeting
- September15: Board of Trustees Meeting
- September 17: Progress Reports
- September 24: Homecoming
- September 25: High School Homecoming Dance
- September 27 – 30: Eighth Grade MO Ranch Trip
- October 2: Spirit Squad Hosts Grass Bash Parents Night Out for Preschool – Fifth Grade
Health and Wellness
Students benefit from in-person learning, and safely returning to in-person instruction in the fall 2021 is a priority.
Vaccination is the leading public health prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Promoting vaccination can help schools safely return to in-person learning as well as extracurricular activities and sports. Currently, all individuals 12 and over are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Masks are welcomed, but not required or provided. Executive Order GA-36 signed by Governor Greg Abbott on May 18th, 2021, prohibits agencies from mandating face coverings. Due to the circulating and highly contagious Delta variant, CDC recommends universal indoor masking by all students (age 2 and older), staff, teachers, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status.
Physical distance between students within classrooms and on buses/vans will continue as much as possible to reduce transmission risk.
Students, teachers, and staff should stay home when they have signs of any infectious illness and are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider for testing and care.
All Saints serves children under the age of 12 who are not eligible for vaccination at this time. Therefore, this guidance emphasizes implementing layered prevention strategies (e.g., consistently using multiple prevention strategies together) to protect students, teachers, staff, visitors, and other members of their households in an effort to support in-person learning.
All Saints will work closely with the local health department to monitor community transmission, vaccination coverage, and occurrence of outbreaks to guide decisions on the level of layered prevention strategies used. All Saints reserves the right to adjust COVID-19 mitigation protocols as needed in accordance with supporting health agencies.
All Saints Episcopal School adheres to COVID-19 protocols established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), City of Lubbock Health Department, University Interscholastic League (UIL) and the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS).
All School News
Required Enrollment Forms – Submit by Tuesday, August 17 at 4:00 p.m.
Parents need to complete the online form updating on a computer and not through a smartphone or tablet. Thank you.
The student form online completion process is on Parents Portal. Parents should access the link to the Parents tab, which is the fifth red tab across at the top of the homepage of our website (www.allsaintsschool.org). Then click on the RenWeb tab on the left side of the page. If prompted, the district code is ALL-TX. (Please note the district code is in all caps.) You will then enter your username and your password. If you do not remember your password, please go through the online “Forgot Username/Password?” option to retrieve your password.
Once you have successfully logged in, please click on the School Information option on the left, and then click on the Web Forms button. Then click on the Patriot Family Demographic Information option in the middle of the page. At that point, please follow the directions on the screen.
Of special note: when reviewing the Parent Form, parents have the option to sign up for Parent Alert. In the event of an emergency or situation where immediate communication is critical, the school has the option to send out a Parent Alert text in addition to existing email capabilities. Parents who wish to receive Parent Alerts must indicate this preference when updating the Parent form.
As part of the online forms completion, parents can securely complete their student’s required health information on RenWeb.
Additional forms need to be completed if a student has:
- Anaphylaxis/severe food allergy
- Seizure disorder or other special health concern that warrants an individualized plan of care.
- Over-the-counter medication that is not supplied by the school or a prescription medication that they will be providing.
Parents of students with one or more of the above concerns are encouraged to visit the Nurse’s Notes on the school website to access the required forms. If you have questions regarding these forms, please contact Nurse Lisa (806-252-8743) before school starts.
Questions on re-enrollment forms? Please contact Lisa Britton in the school office at 806-745-7701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background Check and Driver Information
Any parent or grandparent who desires to volunteer on the All Saints campus this school year must first complete an online background check. For returning parent volunteers, we do require a new background check each year. After the check is successfully completed, the names of those approved to volunteer are passed along to the faculty and division heads. The form to complete your online background check is located on our school website under the “Parent” tab. Any parent or grandparent who wishes to be available to drive students on a field trip must first pass the criminal background check as stated above. In addition, a copy of the parent’s driver’s license and insurance card must be on file with the office. Please contact Lisa Britton at email@example.com with any questions.
All Saints Episcopal School has selected EZ School Apps for our school lunch management software. This product offers the All Saints community a safe and secure way to pay for student meals online from any browser using EZ Parent Center (www.ezparentcenter.com). It also provides a parent and student the opportunity to discuss meal options and then preorder meals online. All orders must be placed one week in advance. The only exception is ordering for the first two days of school. The deadline to order will be Monday, August 16.
After signing up you will have the opportunity to:
- Select and order meals for your student online.
- Use your credit card to deposit money into your student(s) account anytime from anywhere using any browser.
- View your student’s account balances 24/7.
- Track your student’s payments and purchases.
- Receive notifications when your student’s account balance is low.
- View the school’s menu options.
- There is a convenience fees for the use of a credit or debit card.
Enjoy the convenience of online ordering, online payments and the opportunity to view of your student’s account 24/7.
New Vendors for August
Some of the new vendors we will be adding in August include Double Dave’s Pizza and It’s Greek to Me. Stay tuned for more fun restaurants in September. All Saints will continue to offer Chick-Fil-A, Taco Villa, Chinese Kitchen and the All Saints kitchen.
With the pandemic challenges restaurant costs have gone up and the price for vendor lunches will go up as well. The new price for vendor lunches will be $7. For meals prepared in house the price will remain the same at $6. All prices will be listed on the EZ school app ordering system and the school website.
New Snack and Drink Offerings
We will be adding some new “extra” snack items to the school menu this year. Ice cream will be available for $1. In addition to milk and water, additional drinks have been added including apple, grape and orange juice.
Microwaves will be moved back to Kirby Commons and students will be allowed to heat their own lunches again.
Food delivery to campus will be allowed the school year. If you wish to deliver a meal to your child, please label it and drop it off at the school’s main office.
Parent Lunch with Children
Parents will be welcome to join their child for lunch on campus this year. All guests must check in through the school office and obtain a visitor pass before entering the lunch area.
Students Without Lunch
Students who come to school without food for lunch will be provided an emergency meal. The kitchen will have the following options available: mac and cheese, pancakes in a cup or cereal with a side and drink. Parents will be billed separately for the cost of providing a child with an unexpected lunch. The cost of an emergency meal is $3.
Enjoy the convenience of online ordering, online payments and the ability to view your student’s account 24/7. All orders must be submitted one week ahead of time. For the first week of school, we will allow an exception to this rule. All orders must be placed by the end of the day on Monday, August 16 to receive a school lunch on Thursday or Friday.
August 2021 Lunch Menu:
- Chick-Fil-A: Chick-Fil-A Chicken (fried) or Spicy Chicken Sandwich (Chick-Fil-A Sauce will be Provided) $7
Tuesday (Flex Day – Offering an Every Other Week Rotation)
- Taco Villa: Bean & Cheese Burrito or Combo Burrito with All Saints rice $7
- All Saints Roast Beef Sub with Swiss and Lettuce or All Saints Turkey with swiss and avocado served with potato salad and chocolate pudding $6
Wednesday (Flex Day – Offering an Every Other Week Rotation)
- It’s Greek to Me (New Vendor): Beef and Lamb, Chicken or Falafel Gyro with veggie and fruit $7
Thursday (Flex Day – Offering an Every Other Week Rotation)
- Chinese Kitchen: Beef and Broccoli with steamed or fried rice or Sweet and Sour Chicken with steamed or fried rice. Additional side order options are: White Rice, Fried Rice, and Lo Mein $7
- Double Daves (New Vendor): Slice of Pizza (choice of beef, cheese, or pepperoni) served with veggie stix, ranch and a cookie $7
Drink Options: Bottled Water, Milk, Juice
The All Saints Parent Group is a non-profit, parent-led support organization which funds improvements and resources for the benefit of the school and provides opportunities for All Saints families in fellowship and service. Parent Group organizes snacks and luncheons for our teachers, oversees school picture day and the yearbook, and provides a way for families to support our teachers and our school through tangible items and the funding of special projects. Parent Group raises money through Fall Festival, book store, Spring Fling, special events, and Dining Out Nights. All parents are invited and encouraged to get involved. Meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 8:00am in Kirby Commons and are always open to guests. For information on how you can get involved, contact Parent Group president Somer Jaynes at 512-633-3054 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or watch for the volunteer interest form in the August 25 edition of the Patriot Passages.
Bookstore: If anyone has not picked up their uniforms, they will be available during Back to School Night from 5:15pm-6:45pm. Please contact Angela Jimenez for questions or concerns. The bookstore email is email@example.com.
August Dining Out: Frios will be on campus Friday, August 20, from 3:00pm-4:30pm to celebrate back to school! Watch for more details at Back to School night. 20% of sales will benefit the All Saints Parent Group.
Athletic Booster Club
The Booster Club plays an important role in our young Patriots’ experiences by organizing, staffing, and providing financial support for many events and activities. Volunteers and fundraising are the keys to our success. By shopping at our Spirit Shop, collecting admissions at the gates, helping with the concessions, or volunteering at the golf tournament or other events, there is a place for everyone to contribute. If you are not already a part of the booster club, we invite you to join us as we “boost” our Patriot athletes up for what will no doubt be the best year ever. We meet on the second Friday of every month in the administrative conference room at noon. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is not necessary to have a student athlete to participate or volunteer.
If your child is a student athlete, parents are asked to complete at least two Patriot volunteer hours per sport. For example, if your child plays basketball and football you are asked to complete four Patriot volunteer hours. If we spread out the work over all the families with student athletes nobody will feel overwhelmed. Below you will find the concession and gate volunteer sign up links for the fall sports: MS / HS Volleyball and HS Football. Please take a minute and sign up to volunteer! These sign ups do not include upcoming tournaments that the school will host.
Patriot Season Pass for 2021-22 Athletic Events
Do you plan to attend Patriot athletic events this school year? The Athletic Booster Club sells season passes that will allow you to gain access to ALL regular season home games. There are three season pass options: Family Pass – $175, Single Pass – $125, Grandparents Pass – $50. Buying a season pass is easy, you may visit our Spirit Shop at asesspiritshop.com. Your name will be added to a list of season pass holders and a card will be mailed. If you have questions regarding season passes, please contact Cindy Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Sports Schedules
Patriot fall sports are up and running! The schedules are on the current school calendar and on the school website under the Athletics tab. Below you will find a printable PDF for each sport offered this fall.